6 days solo bushcraft
6 days alone on the west coast of Denmark – two camps in the forest and one in the open land. Open the full video description for more information.
Location: Denmark – previous viking country. West coast of Jutland – sand, big sea, spruce and pine forrest. Some of the most remote in Denmark, but a lot of people in Denmark so limited how remote it can get. A lot of birds and deer. No bears only a few wolves – nothing dangerous for campers. If you want to do the same in Denmark do you need to be the owner or get the owners permission.
Consuming: Water, spruce and pine tea, hot chocolate. Chicken and cow.
Some of the most asked questions:
1.Where did you get the food?
Bought before the trip and brought along.
2. How does the meat not spoil?
It is the cold season. I do nothing, just keep it in the backpack. Most meat stay safe to eat for at least a week here doing the cold season.
3. Who is recording?
I am alone and just recording myself. One camera on a tripod I move around and 10 spare camera batteries.
4. How heavy is the backpack?
About 25 kilos including the food and camera gear.
5. What kind of stick did you use to make fire?
6. What about predators?
No problem, nobody need to take any precautions here. No bears, only a few wolfs. You can risk that a fox or a bird take your food – but haven’t happened to me yet on this location.
7. What knife and axe are you using?
Homemade puukko knife, mora 106 carving knife, unknown finnish collared axe, homemade carving axe.
8. Who made the sweater?
Unknown, just from a local thrift shop.
9. Why make a wall next to the fire?
Reflects some heat from the fire back to you and shelter the fire a bit from wind. One of the common names for it is “fire reflector”.
Some of the gear used in the video:
1. Sweater = unknown.
2. Pot and kettle = made by “eagle” 1.5 and 10 liters.
3. Pants = made by “Ridgeline”
4. Collared axe = unknown, Finnish axe.
5. Carving tools = homemade axe, mora 106, Pfeil 8L 25mm and 7A 25mm
6. Boots = made by “Redback” original boots
7. Tent = polish puncho army lavvu
8. Backpack = made by “Fjallraven” Kajka 65L
9. Sharpening stone = made by “Gransfors Bruks”
Video gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon 50 1.8, Røde videomacro, iMovie.
View original video here