14 Self-Defense Tips That Might Save Your Life
There are some well-known safety recommendations, such as avoid walking alone in the dark streets, don’t let strangers enter your house, or don’t sit in a car with an unknown person.
How to behave if you have been grabbed by hand? Where to stay in an elevator? Which safety apps are worth using? You will f if you find out the answers in our new video.
Clench your hands correctly 1:02
How to break free of cord 1:38
How to break free of duct tape 2:00
Remember the vulnerable areas 2:20
Use security apps 3:01
Invent a code word 3:20
Use the materials on hand 3:57
Keep your pepper spray in the right place 4:44
If you have been grabbed by the hand 5:16
If you have been grabbed by the hair 5:48
If you have been grabbed by the neck 6:16
In an elevator 6:30
In a car 6:52
Learn to administer first aid 7:21
Be on guard 7:46
Keep your distance 8:06
Keep your palms in front of you 8:19
– Music in your headphones, the screen of your smartphone, or just the habit of looking under your feet might distract you from noticing a perpetrator. Look around and behind you from time to time: if the assailant loses the element of surprise, he might change his mind about attacking.
– This is not only a defensive position (just make sure that your hands are on the same level with your chin, and your elbows are half-bent) but also a conciliatory one. This is a way of saying: “Calm down. Let’s settle this in peace.” At the same time, you let the attacker know that you are capable of fighting back.
– Try to avoid being cornered at all costs. Even if the assailant is bearing down on you, don’t step back. Move aside, and try to change your movement trajectory.
– Though you might be skeptical at first about how effective it is, let it sink in for a bit.
If you shout (the best way is to try to sound not scared but angry), it will confuse the attacker. Why? Do you know what is the reaction 80 percent of all people have when they are being attacked? It might be a revelation for you, but they freeze and lose their voice.
– Even if you master all the tricks, you still won’t be a superhero. There’s no need to try your physical strength against an assailant. Your main objective is to stay in one piece. These are your three immediate goals: wrench free, disorient the attacker, escape.
These are the tips that can help you stay safe. But to tell you the truth, we hope you will never have to use them.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit:
View original video here